Ready to embark on the quest of joining Hack The Box?
✨ The core mission of the Defensive Content Engineer:
The core mission of the Defensive Content Engineer is to build & test content that aims at upskilling the defensive capabilities of individual players and businesses! While HTB is well established for its red team continent, through your work, you’ll enable the company to broaden its services and become a place for all cyber security professionals to upskill themselves, thus dealing with the great shortage of talent that exists in cyberspace.
🍺 The fellowship you’ll be joining:
The team of Defensive Content Engineers consists of 4 individuals. The leader, one of four, is Sabastian Hague
, the very first HTB’s Defensive Content Engineer, who is high energy and highly inspirational about the department’s work and impact! The team is part of the wider content engineering team, 20 individuals, working across the globe. To deliver their exciting content, the content engineering team works closely interdepartmentally, as well as across departments (Infrastructure, Marketing, Software Engineering, and Product Management).
📚 Interesting resources you should definitely check:
Watch David, aka 0xdf
, to find out more about the content engineer's job at Hack The Box, and read our blog post on "How to create a vulnerable machine for Hack The Box
" to understand even what it takes to engineer content at HTB. Please, keep in mind that for this kind of position, we usually give some priority to individuals who have submitted content
in the past or can showcase some related work (hacking content) they've engineered. So, if you have engineered hacking content, make sure to share with us some details along with your application (writeups).
🚀 The adventures that await you after becoming a Defensive Content Engineer at Hack The Box:
- Testing and maintaining Sherlocks, labs, and challenges.
- Assist in the development of new content.
- Research to remain on top of current vulnerabilities, exploits, tools, tactics, and procedures relevant to the target audience
- Research to remain on top of defensive techniques
🏆 Skills, knowledge, and experience points required to unlock the role of Defensive Content Engineer at Hack The Box:
- Experience in a Defensive security operations environment
- Familiarity with Defensive security tooling (SIEM, EDR, Volatility, Autopsy, etc)
- System administration experience (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Strong grasp of at least one scripting language (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Highly organized, motivated, with a passion for information security
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to learn new skills
- Proficient in the English language (speaking, reading, writing)
🕹️ What your Hack The Box adventure will have in store:
- 🎯You'll have the exhilarating opportunity to contribute to a product that is highly appreciated by users and the cybersecurity community at large.
- 🎯 You'll experience a highly supportive and caring environment, fostering growth, flexibility, and autonomy.
- 🎯 You'll embark on an exciting journey of continuous learning and problem-solving, leveling up as our organization grows.
- 🎯 Most importantly, you'll have a blast at HTB 🥳 because fun is an essential ingredient in our recipe for success! Just wait to see our global meet ups!
💰The gems you’ll be enjoying as a Defensive Content Engineer:
- 25 annual leave days
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development, participation in conferences
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Full access to the Hack The Box lab offerings; so you can learn how to hack
- Flexible/Hybrid working