TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video.
U.S. Data Security (“USDS”) is a standalone entity of TikTok in the U.S. Our focus is on providing oversight and protection of the TikTok platform and user data in the U.S.
About the Role
Red Team conduct advanced adversary emulation operations to challenge assumptions and emulate cyber and criminal threat actors targeting or attacking the business. As a Red Team member, you will participate in the design and execution of campaign-based security operations for TikTok, spanning a varying array of targets. Successful team members must be capable of evaluating environments, applications, systems or processes to discover weaknesses, and subsequently leverage those discoveries into actionable real-world attack strategies.
To succeed in this role the candidate will possess breadth and depth of knowledge in security of operating systems, networking and protocols, firewalls, databases and middleware applications, forensics, scripting and programing. All red team members are expected to continuously improve their tradecraft through research, to add breadth and depth to their knowledge.
- Engagement in all phases of Red Team security operations
- Work within the Red Team to perform physical exploitation, network exploitation and social engineering assessments against authorized targets
- Perform network reconnaissance and open source intelligence gathering
- Configure and safely utilize attack tools, tactics, and procedures against authorized TikTok targets
- Develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance TikTok's red teaming capabilities
- Help to execute the Red Team strategy to further enhance TikTok's security posture
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
- Fluent and proficient in English to enable delivery of verbal and written reports and presentations to both technical and executive audiences
- Provide risk-appropriate and pragmatic recommendations to correct identified flaws, vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Visit the full job posting for more information.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]