Disclaimer: This is an abridged version, please refer to the link for the full job description.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video.
U.S. Data Security (“USDS”) is a standalone entity of TikTok in the U.S. Our focus is on providing oversight and protection of the TikTok platform and user data in the U.S.
About the Role
Technical Security Controls Validation Specialist will work with the Risk & Compliance team and Control Owners to perform testing of the tools, technology and services (TTS) being introduced in the USDS environment. This testing effort will be done both from how the control framework is being applied to individual TTS and also to test how those TTS are performing and behaving as a security control within the environment. To succeed in this role, the candidate will possess breadth and depth of knowledge in secure coding principles, security architecture, hardening of operating systems, networking protocols, firewalls, databases and middleware applications, forensics, scripting and programming.
- Collaborate with cross-functional control owners to stress test the controls being applied and implemented on TTS in the USDS environment.
- Consult and provide guidance for the design and implementation of key security and compliance controls.
- Construct technical test cases, collect evidence, and perform hands-on technical testing. Work with Control Owners to evaluate the design, effectiveness, and completeness of controls.
- Look for automation opportunities to automate testing and monitoring efficiency of controls on an ongoing basis.
- Provide feedback to the Risk & Compliance team and the Control Owners around the security control and processes being implemented. Augment the Control Framework and Risk Management Framework from an attacker's point of view.
- Synthesize and report findings, develop remediation recommendations, and track implementation through to completion
- Utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures to perform analysis and identify vulnerabilities and mis-configurations.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Visit the full job posting for more information.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]